CATPHAN 500 is designed to evaluate the maximum performance potential of axial and spiral CT scanners.
Tests – Summary
- high resolution (1 to 21 line pairs per cm)
- phantom position verification
- patient alignment system check
- low contrast sensitivity
- comparative subslice and supra-slice low contrast sensitivity
- spatial uniformity
- scan incrementation
- noise (precision) of CT systems
- circular symmetry
- sensitometry (linearity)
- pixel (matrix) size
To improve the phantom’s functionalities, different options and versions are available.