CATPHAN 600 is designed to evaluate the maximum performance potential of multi-slice CT scanners with enhanced sensitometry samples for radiation therapy planning.
Tests – Summary
- Scan slice geometry (slice width and slice sensitivity profile)
- high resolution (1 to 21 line pairs per cm)
- phantom position verification
- patient alignment system check
- low contrast sensitivity
- comparative subslice and supra-slice low contrast sensitivity
- spatial uniformity
- scan incrementation
- noise (precision) of CT systems
- circular symmetry
- sensitometry (linearity)
- pixel (matrix) size
- point spread function and modulation transfer function (MTF) for the x, y, and z axes
To improve the phantom’s functionalities, different options and versions are available.